WHAT DOES THE COURSE INCLUDE?
- 7x 3 Day Weekend Intensives (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- Practicum (4 weeks of assisting a public class at Gertrude Street Yoga Teacher, a one on one coaching session with a Certified Coach, one on one mentoring in the lead up to graduation, and the opportunity to teach our Community Classes post graduation)
- Membership to Gertrude Street Yoga for the duration of your course (5 months). Existing members will have their payments paused for the duration of the course.
- A chance to develop powerful connections and an inspired community
- The tools to awaken the teacher within and empower yourself to live the practice of yoga
WHAT ACCREDITATION DO I RECEIVE ON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE?
- When you have completed the course you will receive a 200hr accreditation from Yoga Alliance (https://www.yogaalliance.org/). This will allow you to apply to be a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYS) through Yoga Alliance which will allow you to teach yoga anywhere in the world.
HOW DO I JOIN?
- You can register by completing our online registration form and paying your $500 deposit. Once you have registered you can expect to hear from us within 1 week.
WHO SHOULD SIGN UP FOR THIS COURSE?
This Course is for those ready to challenge themselves for the purpose of education, discovery and transformation.
- Aspiring Teachers: This course is designed for those looking to become qualified yoga teachers in a supportive, powerful, and inspired way. Ideal as an initial yoga training or as continuing education for those who have completed a previous training, this course will prepare you to be a confident and authentic yoga teacher.
- Dedicated Students: This course is perfect for those looking to expand their existing yoga practice and inspire their development as an individual. Even if you do not intend on teaching yoga, this course will provide you with valuable knowledge and insight.
WHAT IS THE GERTRUDE STREET YOGA PHILOSOPHY?
- We are a community that values yoga as a holistic practice, which begins on the mat and expands into everyday life. Rather than teaching from a specific lineage, we have created a diverse and varied curriculum that allows the teachers to provide instruction on topics that they are truly passionate about from a perspective they resonate with. This provides you the chance to learn an abundance of techniques, practices, and traditions, and encourages you to build on the foundational teachings, ultimately developing your own authentic and meaningful style of instructing.
ARE THERE ANY COSTS NOT INCLUDED IN THE COURSE PRICE?
- Required Reading: The required reading materials are not included in the course cost and must be purchased separately. The manual is included in the cost of tuition.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPLETION OF THE TRAINING?
- To successfully complete the Training you must attend all Weekend Intensives, participate in the Practicum Program, and complete all assignments and required reading. If you feel you may miss any of the required days please let us know and we can discuss alternative options.
WHAT IS THE COURSE CURRICULUM?
This course fulfils the curriculum requirements of Yoga Alliance listed below and goes beyond the minimum number of hours required.
- Techniques, Training and Practice 100hrs
- Teaching Methodology 25hrs
- Anatomy & Physiology 20hrs
- Yoga Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle 30hrs
- Practicum 10hrs
- Electives 15hr
- TOTAL 200hrs
WHAT IS THE REQUIRED READING?
The texts listed below are indications of the required reading. Specifics of the texts (editions, volumes etc.) will be supplied on acceptance into the program.
- Yoga, Mind, Body, and Spirit by Donna Farhi
- The Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Various Handouts
- 1x 100% scholarship available to someone from a marginalised group or identity.
- 1x 50% scholarship available to someone experiencing financial hardship.
To enquire about the scholarships please email [email protected].
- 30+ days before course start date: 80% refund (excludes $500 deposit)
- 20-30 days before the course start date: 50% refund (excludes $500 deposit)
- 10-20 days before the course start date: 25% refund (excludes $500 deposit)
- 0 – 10 days before the course start date: No refund
If for extenuating circumstances you are unable to complete the course once you have commenced, the best course of action will be assessed on a case by case basis.